All the experiences of learning!
Aahhh! We really had a fun class yesterday! In addition we have had an
extremely fun two weeks before that. Now I’m talking about our time with our
presentations and our first big goal to achieve. Last time I wrote about
belonging, the first paradox of group life. During these two weeks something
happened! In this team, Globetrotters, I really felt that we, as a team, were
developing and we were moving towards engaging. The paradoxes of engaging consists of
disclosure, trust, intimacy and regression (Smith & Berg, 1997, pp. 110-111).
They refers
that trust between the team members builds a safe environment where the team
can develop, can communicate freely knowing that listening occurs, are able to
make mistakes safely, are able to learn from them and succeed in an atmosphere
where there is no contradiction between your own values and your teams values. And
that is how I have felt during this time that we have had together when we have
prepared our (awesome) presentation. I have to admit that I felt a little bit
nervous yesterday before my “own part”. I trusted to my teammates so much that
I could confess that I’m feeling unsure and nervous about my oral presentation
and I might need some help. But as I said to my teammates after the
presentation that I knew that if something goes wrong (I mean I start to get
confused with my words for example) I have my teammates at my side who I can
trust to help me out.
As we could see in the movies "12 Angry men", "Apollo 13", and “Remember the Titans” how
individuals from different backgrounds can achieve consensus, move from forming, storming, and norming to performing and achieve something important together. I could
consider engaging as mutually approved understanding, as a journey how to be a
successful team; how to get the pieces to fit together in an effective way and
build an environment where members want to continue their journey within the
group. I really feel that I want to engage to this group and continue my
learning journey within the group.
Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti