New points of
views, facets, ideas, experiences, and learning. Those are my thoughts of the group
dynamics so far at the VCU. During my time here I have learned a lot about new
cultures, ways to communicate and operate, and ways to get to know new
people. I
have been privileged to join in many different groups and face so many new point of views. And despite the fact that every group has its’ special characteristic, there is room
for different personalities, backgrounds, opinions, and perspectives. That's why the best part
of this journey is that I have started to feel that I fit in. I have had a chance to
start to show my own personality, identity and individuality. And the involvement in groups has been a rewarding participation in groups because of the social relationships. I could say that I have started to feel belonging.
As in the movies we have seen in the class there are many challenges in a journey of a team forming. And also the reflections of the group dynamics of the readings to the real life and real
situations has been a big part of my learning. As an exchange student I face new group situations almost in every day. In my opinion it's important that I have had a chance to identify and reflect the challenges of a group dynamics in to my own experiences. It has made my journey much more interesting and easier! I consider
myself as an explorer who tries to learn as much as possible. And
the fun part is that it’s starting to change my worldview. By saying that, I
mean some of my attitude and priorities. And it’s all positive! The new experiences
with new people have helped me to learn things about myself. And even though one could see this change of my indentity or individuality as a paradox it doesn't always mean that it is a bad thing. I mean that I'm not trying to be something that I'm not. I mean that a change can be good and it can make us learn and grow. Time is
making its’ magic and my journey here proceed successfully.
Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti